A String of Pearls

Monday, September 21, 2026

264 - “Confront Us with The Holy One” Isaiah 28-29; Roman’s 1

 

Isaiah 28:8 Woe to: parodies of a proud and handsome past. 

Isaiah 28:21 – The LORD will rise up; He will rouse Himself to do His Work, His Strange Work.

Isaiah 29:13 – These people come near to me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me.  Their worship of Me is made up only of rules taught by men…I will astound them with Wonder upon Wonder. No. They wanted to hear what would make them feel better. 

Here it is.  The first verse I read that grabbed me and what I was doing, living, being when I was a mere 21 years old. 
These people come to me
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is based on merely human rules they have been taught. Isaiah 29:13.
And I turned.  I could no longer live in the human rules.
I could no longer live by the works of my hand.
I can no longer live today by the principle of this land.
Their worship is made up of rules that come from merely humans, yet the Sovereign Lord says: In quietness and trust is your strength.

This justification by faith is no new doctrine introduced.  Those disciples just bore witness to a perfect life and a resurrection. That word of mouth changed everything.  The Resurrected Christ is resurrecting me. What was written here in antiquity now is now alive. Romans 1:7.  With great affection and powerful authority, this blessing is for you Today and always.  Sweet Grace: the favor of God on us and the work of God in us.  Great Peace: peace with God, peace with our own conscience, peace with all that surrounds us.  "Grace to you and peace." 


No comments:

Post a Comment