Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2024

257 - "Stop Demanding God Come Down to My Level to Help Me Understand" Daniel 9-10

                                                             While I was pouring out my heart, baring my sins and the sins of my people, Gabriel stood before me and said:   'Daniel, I have come to make things plain to you. You had no sooner started your prayer when the answer was given. And now I'm here to deliver the answer to you. You are much loved! Daniel 9:17-20


 “Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. 
For your sake, Lord, look with favor ... 
Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see ... 
We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy... 
Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay...

It happened while Daniel was still in prayer. 

Therefore, consider the word and understand the vision:

Give ear.  Forgive me. Hear and act.  For Your Sake.  Do not delay.  
Let me know this day that You have heard my heart.

I don't think an angel will appear to us this day with such an answer.  
We must live in the Confusion and Mystery 
OR 
Am I demanding that God come down to my level to help me understand what in the world is going on in my life?   

"Daniel spent hours trying to make sense of God's words (8:15) and his efforts to understand left him exhausted (8:27).  Do I want sound-byte theology?  Wisdom without struggle?  Formulas without Mystery?"  66 LL. 

PHOTO:  The stars far, far, far away.  There are things we will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment