Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2024

242 "Am I Mourning Distance from God More Than ... " Ezekiel 9-12


                                                         .  

God stretched out what looked like a hand and took me by the hair of my head. The Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven and in visions of God. Ezekiel 8:3.  God beheld his servant, the precious Ezekiel.  Before the elders.  And he brought this glorious friend to Jerusalem in spirit.  That he might show this holy man what sin looked like to Him.  Oh!  That we may see our own sin this day. Make me more aware of what lurks within and without.  Turn my darkness into light.  2 Samuel 22:29.

Look at the beautiful words God gave Ezekiel.
God Gospel promises to give us all a new heart and a new spirit. Ezekiel 11:19.
Matthew Henry says it this way: God puts a new spirit within us, a temper of mind agreeable to the new circumstances into which God, in His Providence, will bring us. 
Undivided hearts.  Unattached hearts.  Unbelievable.

Ezekiel 10:1 - The Temple was filled with the Presence of God.Ezekiel 12:1 - God's Message came to me: "Son of man, you're living with a bunch of rebellious people. They have eyes but don't see a thing, they have ears but don't hear a thing.
God's Message: 'You'll eat your meals shaking in your boots and drink your water in terror because your land is going to be stripped bare as punishment for the brutality rampant in it. ... Then you'll realize that I am God.'" 
  
Time's about up.  ""Your hand has been over your eyes.  It belongs over your mouth." 66 LL.  I stand silenced before a holy God for 4 reasons seen in the Vision that I read about in 66 LL:

1. The idol of Jealousy - desire to feel loved, to enjoy good relationships, to be affirmed, to see yourself as worthy of respect and entitled to a pleasant life.  These desires become your idol of jealousy when they rule your life.

2.  The idol of Appreciation - when you, in the secret place of your heart, want something more than My Pleasure, the power of your flesh is turned loose.

3.  The idol of Self-interest -  when self obsession sinks its way into my conversations.  When you value anything above Me, when self interest rules your life, you feel only your desires for what is available in this world:  good health, warm relationships, fulfilling work and you assume it is my job to satisfy those desires.  

4.  The idol of false hope.  exchanging true hope for false hope when you turn from Me to enjoy the smug satisfaction of superiority.

Do I mourn at the failure of my spouse to love me well or the failure of my ministry to affirm my gifts and calling or the failure of my friends to appreciate me----do I mourn that MORE than I mourn distance from God?

Startling Note: Beth Moore came up to me at a conference and said: God has pulled you by the hair of your head out of your church and moved you on. She really knew very little of the story.

PHOTO:  Between the mountaintops and the valleys where we live every single day.  There.  Present.  Alive.  Known.  Accountable.  Repentant.  Alive.  Grasped.  Surrendered.  Between the mountaintops and valleys.  Every single day.  Present wherever God has yanked you from.

No comments:

Post a Comment