Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

233 - "The Glass of the Commandments" Obadiah; Psalm 82, 83

Somewhere in my thinking, I believe I can get away with stuff.
I mean, I don't want to.
But it comes pouring out of me, shocking me to no end.

"As you have done, it shall be done to you;

your deeds shall return on your own head."

Obadiah 1:15

One of the commentaries shared it this way:

Sin, thus looked upon in the glass of the commandment, will appear exceedingly sinful. Those will have a great deal to answer for, who are idle spectators of the troubles of their neighbors, when able to be active helpers."

The glass of the commandment.  We see through the glass to read the promptings.  And the Word sees through the glass right back at us.  

Oh Father, May we see sin like you do.  May we not live content in our circumstances because it is easy, comfortable.  Father, help us to lay up treasures in heaven not here.  I just went through the checkout stand of the grocery store, chocked full of celebrity magazines.  May our measure be the glass of your commandments not the looking glass of this worldly place.

PHOTO:  A glass of water.  Dallas, Texas.  May we look deeply into the glass of your commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment