Search This Blog

Saturday, April 27, 2024

117 - "Cling to Me As I AM' Psalm 89, 96















Men mock.
I worship.
Men idolize.
I worship.
Men work.
I worship.
Men trivialize.
I worship.
Sing to the Lord a new song, today.
Psalm 96:1

Roar. Rejoice.
For He comes!
And He will judge.
Psalm 96:13



An author once said:
"Either cling to Me as I AM or
reshape Me into who you want Me to be."
Larry Crabb

I've seen a few suns set in this life.  And as I read these psalms, something stirs within.  David was despised by family & friends.  David never knew he would sit on a throne.  David worshipped.  Nothing mattered more to him than God.

The stakes are high to find a place for my Lord and not try to make Him fit into my life, my expectations, my rights.  Here is David, who suffered well, singing in the midst.  His passion for God is all-consuming his throne.  From caves to thrones, He worshipped.  And it didn't matter how hard he fell.  He preached to himself the Gospel of Grace as Tripp called it:  "Today in your private, life-interpreting conversation, will you preach to self the gospel of God's grace?"

"Do you study the Scriptures?  Let the Scriptures study you."  Tim Keller

Father, we all live with ourselves and see the depths of our who we really are.  Help us see clearly.  Let Your Word speak deeply.  May we live to worship You more than the things of this world.  Let the Scriptures reveal our motives, our plans, and our curved-in thoughts in the midst of grocery shopping and eating sushi.

PHOTO:  Another sun sets on the Washington Bridge as I worship you and pray for You to move in all of our lives.

"The more you see your own flaws and sins, 
the more precious, electrifying, and amazing 
God's Grace appears to you."  Tim Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment