Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2024

95 - "Unshakeable Hope. My Battle Belongs to God" 1Samuel 17-20; Psalm 59


Meanwhile Goliath was taunting the troops of God-Alive.  Not a good idea.  I Samuel 17:47 God doesn't save by means of sword or spear. My battle belongs to God."  So pick up 5 smooth stones, I Samuel 17:40,  and watch what God will do.  Immeasurable Strength.  Unshakeable Hope.  5 smooth stones will kill the10-foot giants in my life, in your life. God delivers.  The truth is God-Alive is in me. God-Alive is in you. Our Great High Priest is at work in us this very morning. Do I hear the bleating of sheep in my life?  That's what Samuel said to Saul---what's this I am hearing? The mooing of cattle, the bleating of sheep. I Sam 15:14. Saul offers the sheep to God instead of doing what God told him to do. God-Alive is there to fight our battles. 

Psalm 59:10   God in Dependable Love shows up on time...
Whatever is happening in my life, it's right on Time.  I'm right on Time.
Psalm 59:17  Strong God, I'm watching you do it, 
      I can always count on you— God, my Dependable Love.

"Be killing sin or it will be killing you." John Owen
 God, kill everything in me that keeps me from an authentic Encounter with You...
Shine your light on me that I may see what you want me to do and how you want me to live and what I still hold too close.
 God what are your trying to wrestle out of my hands? 

PHOTO:  The uncomely pastures of Kansas.  Nothing spectacular here.  But something about standing in this pastoral place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment