Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2024

103 - “Compose and Quiet My Soul” Psalms 121; 123-125; 128-130

                    

I will lift my eyes to the mountains ~ Psalm 121:1

The Hebrew community placed spiritual significance in the mountains.  
But there is no help in the power & strength I find there.

My help comes from the LORD.
My transformed soul must quiet itself in my loss of what I loved, 
in my disappointment of what I had hoped for, 
in my sadness in how I am treated,
and in my suffering of what I had trusted. 
 My Help comes from the LORD Who made Heaven and Earth. 
 Be quiet, o my soul. 
 No mountain, no power, no strength, other than My LORD. 
 He Who keeps me will not slumber this night. Psalm 121:3. 
Compose and Quiet my soul!  
I will not involve myself in great matters or in things too difficult for me. Psalm 127:2. 

Psalm 28:2 I will find my help from Your Presence in my life, in my community, in my church. I will look to Your Sanctuary. 

 Come LORD Jesus, be Present here. 
 Make me like these mountains which cannot be moved.

PHOTO:  Eatonville, Washington. 

No comments:

Post a Comment