Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2024

90 - "Natural Disadvantages, Shattered Dreams, Material Resources" Ruth 2-4

"The Lord grant you that ye may find rest." Ruth 1:9.  

A life of rest undisturbed by the overwhelming sorrow of being a widow; 

a life of rest untouched by the cares of this broken world and my broken story.  

What steals my peace?  May you find rest in the house of your husband." 
Both of their husbands are gone. 
They stood tall and did what they had to do to make a living.
Oh, God, help us all stand tall. 
Naomi's two sons and husband are now in heaven.  What loss for these three women to embrace.  The love of their lives.  God invites them to "rest" in the midst of their tragedy.  God is always beckoning us to "rest," not in our circumstances, but in Him.  Isaiah 30:7 - we rest by keeping still while Egypt's help is empty.  We are not empty people.  When we've been depleted, our God is filling us up.  Naomi and her two daughters found that kind of rest in Providence---seemingly simply story with a grand finale.  Another baby was born from the descent of Ruth---and that baby in a manger changed the world.

"No matter what happens in your life, God can reach into your heart with Power to form you into someone who values God above everyone and everything else.  God is determined to reverse our values."  66 LL

Ruth 4:15 ~ My God has not left me without a Redeemer. He has not left you. He shall be our Restorer of Life and a Nourisher in our old age. Hanging on to this verse with all my spiritual might. This love story of Boaz and Ruth whose child will become the grandfather of David. God never forgot Naomi and He hasn't forgotten me either. There are 3 intractable obstacles I must overcome to make you holy:  I deal with three in Ruth:

1. Natural Disadvantages that to you seem more important to overcome than an unholy value system.         Do I see in my every day life how I focus on the natural disadvantages that come my way? Or am I more concerned about holiness?

2. Shattered Dreams that bring so much pain into your life that it is difficult to welcome the opportnity they provide for new levels of trust.  What do I do with my shattered dreams. Are the trails welcomes?

3. Material Resoures that make it easy to disguise narcissism behind non-sacrificial generosity.  What do I do with the material resources I have been given?"

66 Love Letters - Larry Crabb

PHOTO: Found while tending to my menial job, my assigned responsibilities, my ordinary life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment