Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2024

80 - “Promised Land is No Piece of Cake—yes, Battles” Joshua 15-18

                                                   

Joshua 16:10 "But they didn't get rid of the Canaanites who were living in Gezer."  God said He would eliminate the Canaanites for them.  The Israelites chose to tolerate the Canaanites and put them to forced labor.  Not enough.  Not right.  I've misunderstood the Promised Land for a land flowing with milk and honey and no conflicts.  No battles there.  Yet, they waged war battling kings who were giants in stature and strength, literally.  Living in the Promised Land was no piece of cake like I thought it would be, should be.  Wonder if I think my life would be better if my circumstances were removed this day...and friends and family treated me a little better?  One verse gives some insight as to why the Israelites wouldn't move in the direction of God's call to each of them.  Fear.  They were afraid of "iron chariots."  Wonder what ideas I hold this day that God will expose as my iron chariot?  And I just love that Joshua stood up to the Israelites and said in Joshua 18:3  "How long are you going to sit around on your hands, putting off taking possession of the land that God, the God of your ancestors, has given you? Pick three men from each tribe so I can commission them."  Joshua got their hands and hearts moving in a good direction.   Without vision and leadership, the people perish. Face it. There will be pain in the battles we face.  "God Who foresaw your tribulation, has specifically armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain."  C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment