Search This Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2023

"Love Him and Live to Him" 2 Chronicles 34-36, John 19:1-22

He was led forth that we might escape.
No crime committed.
Matthew called it an accusation.
Mark and Luke called it an epigraph, an inscription.
John called it a title.
A titular king.
Posted in 3 languages right at the door of their city.
Always at the door of our hearts.

"See him bleeding, see him struggling, see him dying, see him and love him, love him and live to him, and study what we shall render." M. Henry
PHOTO: Grateful beyond words for all of you accepting me as as your Mom and honoring me all my days. Jesus knocked on the door of my heart when I was 21 and I let him in. And things were never the dame again. But, I had the wounds of my past to carry. I wish I had been a better mom to you all. It was where I was. I was over the moon that I could have each of you. I wish I had done things differently---oh. the arrogance to think we could do it better if we tried again. I feel things so deeply and have never known quite why. Married someone bipolar opposite of me. As we move into our sunset years---hey, we are already here---may we wrestle with the One that matters. Wrestly well all your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment