Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2018

"Jesus Hovers Over All My Darkness" Genesis 1-3; Matthew 1


Darkness was over the surface of the deep. Gen. 1:2
And the Spirit of God was hovering over.
And like a baby bird hovers over her young,
The Sovereign Lord hovers over our 2018.
Every night growing up, I'd climb a flight of stars
and I'd pray with my youngest boy, just him and me.
And he prefaced every prayer:
"Mommy, pray that I have no bad dreams and
no good dreams."  I always wondered why.
I asked Britt this Christmas and he replied:
"I didn't know as a very young boy if 
I could trust God to not get it mixed up."
Taken aback, I thought:  Isn't this all of us?
Maybe God didn't realize what was best for me.
May the glorious Providential Hand be on Britt and
every one of us---good dreams and bad dreams alike.
In Matt. 1:20, Joseph finally realized---
this was from the Holy Spirit.
Everything that will happen this year---it's from God!

Photo Cred:  Free Images. Community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment