Search This Blog

Friday, August 18, 2017

August 18 "Cords of Human Kindness" Hosea 1-12

"I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them." Hosea 11:4 In all my wanderings, in all my hardships, God gave much Mercy. He truly led me to this very day with cords of human kindness---so much from people I do not even know. John Gill talks about how God deals with the his spiritual Israel; he draws them out of the present state and circumstances to follow after him, and run in the ways of his commandments; and which he does not by force and compulsion against their wills, nor by mere moral persuasion, but by the invincible power of his grace, sweetly working upon them, and attracting them; he does it by revealing Christ in them, in the glories of his person and in the riches of his grace, and by letting in his love into their hearts; and by kind invitations, precious promises, and divine teachings, attended with his powerful and efficacious grace. J. Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment