Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2017

May 10 "Last Words To A Son" I Chronicales 28-29

Another one is the ONE.

God's last word to David --- "Your son is the one to build My House" not you, David.  How does David feel in giving his life of service to God?  Sure, you are thrilled it is your son.  But his own dad, his very own king wasn't thrilled with the success of their son. 

David's immediate reply to his son:
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house as the sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.” I Chron 28: 16

And David's reply to his God:
Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power
    and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
    for everything in heaven and earth is yours. I Chron 29:11

I am just flabbergasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment