Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

April 4 "Strengthen Myself in God" I Samuel 28-30

David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the Lord his God. I Samuel 30:6

To read of David's plight in the ending chapters of I Samuel is so much. David learns of the Amalekites' raid on Ziklag---home of his wives and daughters. They're gone. All dead. No wives waiting at home with a hot meal, with great love. David becomes distressed because now the people of this town are thinking of stoning him for getting them into this mess. So what does David do? I Samuel 30:6.  

No formulaic life for David.  Just a deep dependence on his God.  Not the pleasant life, but the God Himself is what David wants.  What do I really want out of this life?

No comments:

Post a Comment