Search This Blog

Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18 "Something Worse" Judges 1-2

The angel of the Lord went up from Gilgal to Bokim and said, “I brought you up out of Egypt and led you into the land I swore to give to your ancestors. I said, ‘I will never break my covenant with you, and you shall not make a covenant with the people of this land, but you shall break down their altars.’ Yet you have disobeyed me. Why have you done this?" Judges 2: 1-2.

We are no different.  Do we want God or do we want the good life here on earth?  
There is 
Something Worse than a difficult life.  
Something Worse than all this pain & suffering.
Something Worse than all the bad things that happen to us.
Insecure.
Invisible.
Inadequate.
Is that the worse?
Losing all life's blessings?
Is that the worse?

God is always re-defining the word "love" for us.
What is my greatest good in this life?
Is it God?
Are we any different than the people in Judges?
Am I more afraid of losing the blessings or losing my relationship with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment