Search This Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2017

March 11 "Beautiful Mess" Joshua 1-4

What I see in the Book of Joshua:  The severity of what is wrong in places like Haiti is a heart-wrenching insight into a fraction of the picture of the severity of what’s wrong in our own hearts.  And Oh! The Wonder of a Beautiful God moving through history, our story, to move us into holiness. Oh! The enormity of what He is doing in our lives. “Be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. … This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night.” Joshua 1:8.  “Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you.  I will not leave you or forsake you.” Joshua 1:5.  So, right where you are fixed with all emotion and involvement and commitment and confusion---God is with you in the midst of your mess.  But make no mistake, you’re a beautiful mess. 

PHOTO:  And painted on the Ceiling of the Sistine Chapel is that beautiful story from Genesis to Revelation.  We are, indeed, a Beautiful mess in this Broken world of ours.



2 comments:

  1. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

    One of my most favorite scriptures.

    Thank you LORD for always being with me wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete