Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2017

February 19 "Treat God As Holy" Numbers 18-20

Do we do the same thing?


The miraculous supply of water which started at Raphidim continued.  Yet, Moses and Aaron both doubted the power and strength and supply of their God.  “Because you did not trust in Me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.”  Numbers 20:18

Do we do the same thing?
Moses & Aaron just did the same thing the Israelites had been doing.
They were commanded to speak to the rock and God's hand would act.
They smitted the rock twice.  
Do we think we have to protect God's power, God's reputation, God's decisions? In the event that God does not act.
May we speak the words God gives in relationships and even in the rocks of life.

PHOTO: Speak as you walk through life. Don't strike just speak when you are called to.


1 comment:

  1. Good Sunday morning! Check out Psalm 106 to go with today's reading, and Give Thanks to the Lord for He is good. His lovingkindness is everlasting. Verse 32 specifically says "They also provoked Him to wrath at the waters of Meribah, So that it went hard with Moses on their account; Because they were rebellious against His Spirit, He spoke rashly with his lips." And he lost his life's work goal right there at Meribah. Numbers 27:14 tells us that it was Moses' failure to respect God's holiness that was his sin.
    How many times has my anger risen and I have forgotten to respect! I feel so bad for Moses in this scene, probably because my own sin is ever before me. I know full well that I wouldn't have lasted 40 hours much less 40 years. God's holiness is a fearful and wonderful thing. May I be ever mindful of my place of submission and His holiness and position in my life and over all.

    ReplyDelete