Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 29 "God Gives Rest" Exodus 33_35

"My Presence shall go with you; and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14.  The original Hebrew left off "with you."  Moses, along with each of us, needs confirmation if this is a promise for the person or the people.  God assures.  He will give rest in the midst of pressing perplexities and he will give rest to the present people, then and today.  I could live with this verse tucked in the pillow of my heart every night.  Sweet dreams.  Sleep in peace knowing His Presence comes; His Rest is real.  Am I really finding rest from the demands of my day as the sun closes Sunday.  What does it look like in my life to be at rest?

PHOTO:  It's the place where I go to pray day in, day out.  The place where I work.  My Rest is in Him not in solving perplexities, not in connecting with a person or place.  

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an intimate picture hearing God's conversation with Moses this morning. No one can see God and live. Not even the herds on the hill can stand in His presence. But for Jesus. God provides a Way to dwell with us. And not just give us peace--be our peace.

    2 Cor 3:18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. [NLT]

    ReplyDelete
  4. 14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

    You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

    For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

    My prayer today is this song:

    All Consuming Fire

    All Consuming Fire
    You're my heart's desire
    And I love You dearly dearly Lord
    You're my meditation and my consolation
    And I love You dearly dearly Lord

    Glory to the Lamb
    I exalt the great I am
    Reigning on Your glorious throne
    You are my eternal home

    ReplyDelete