Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2017

January 17 "Concourse of Providence" Genesis 48-50

Joseph didn't skirt the issue with his brothers.  He nailed it.  You meant it for evil.  How often I soft soap the evil someone has done to me because of relationships and not wanting to offend.  Joseph named the evil intentions whether it be doomed to slavery or death. They intended harm by taking him away from his father.  But God meant it for good.  God designs good should come by whatever happens to us.  The concourse of Providence directs this story---and ours--- and causes it to work for good.  Always.  

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful story of forgiveness. It always amazes me how many people are reluctant to forgive. When we don't forgive, we are putting ourselves in the place of God.

    "for am I in the place of God?"

    My prayer today:
    LORD, if ever I hold bitterness in my heart and am not forgiving, help me to see the good in the situation so that I may forgive them. Thank you for your mercy in forgiving me my trespasses against You.

    ReplyDelete