Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2017

January 14 "It's Not Within Me" Genesis 41-42

"It is not in me, God must give it.’’ That's Joseph's response to the Pharaoh. "Great gifts appear most graceful and illustrious when those that have them use them humbly, and take not the praise of them to themselves, but give it to God. To such God gives more grace." Joseph gives goodwill to the man who has imprisoned him. What respect for the positions of the chief butler and the Pharaoh, both evil men. Let God deal with them. God has plans for Joseph and for you and for me for our betterment. Trust him in the dungeon. Even when the chief butler forgets you, once again, for two more years. Even when you think God may have forgotten. Trust in the dark days. Today is one of those for me I've been through cancer and rape and abuse. But nothing like what happened to me one Friday the 13th. Changed my life for the good forever. The eyes of the Lord run back and forth this whole earth to show Himself strong to any of us in dungeons or palaces. It's always within us to pull ourselves up by the bootstraps, but that's not life.  Providence is. And that's why Joseph chose to wait on God to be lifted up.  It is the Providence of God working in my life and I couldn't be more grateful although I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. There is enough Light to live well.

Photo: My city. God's eyes run back and forth. 

2 comments:

  1. If Joseph had let his heart harden in unforgiveness, he would not have fulfilled his purpose. He would have rotted away in the dark. Had he chosen not to share what the dreams meant to Pharoah, God could not have saved Egypt (and his own family) through him. Had he not forgiven his brothers, he would not have been able to bless a nation. It is what we do in the dark that allows us to move in the light. Our own hearts are either barriers or open avenues of God's mercy and grace. But we get to choose which. Each day. Each moment is an opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ephraim: “For God has caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.”

    Even as we walk through our 'land of my affliction', God can surely bless us and make us fruitful.

    My prayer today:
    LORD, help me to be your servant and bless me.

    ReplyDelete