Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 28 "May the Truth Never Fade" Deuteronomy 3-4

My Dear Ezekiel and Ezri, It's happening to me again.  It's like I've never read this Bible before.  It's so new and alive and wonderful to me.  Sometimes I wish I had done things differently.  I spent too much concern on this world.  We are sojourners here.  It's not the final destination.  Sure, give it all you've got.  But this one thing:  Deuteronomy 4:9 Be careful.  Watch yourselves closely so that you don't forget what your eyes have seen.  Don't let what you know fade from your heart as long as you live.  Teach them to your children."  You know, we tried to teach your mommas about God and His ways in our lives.  Ezekiel, I remember driving to school one day when your momma was about 5.  We passed McDonald's, the prompt to pray.  But Brooke balked.  Momma, how can you say that God is good because He didn't let your baby live.  And I shared with a 5-year-old about Job and about Jesus.  And about trust in the dark days.  May what we know not fade.

PHOTO:  Walking with Ezekiel.  Praying Deuteronomy 4:9.  Don't forget.  Don't fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment