Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2016

January 23 "Rain Down" Exodus 16-18

Dear Kids, "Unbelief has a short memory." M. Henry
I mean, these people just walked on the ocean's floor last month 
with water piled a mile high on either side of them. They sauntered through a miracle. 
Now, they don't seem to know that kind of available Power --- do I?  Today. 
They need another unheard of miracle cause they are hungry with no food. 
And their God responds: "The Lord said to Moses, 
“I will rain down bread from heaven for you." Exodus 16:4. God speaks. I weep. 
Our family tonight needs bread from heaven, 
a miracle for the impossible thing we face. Rain Down, God.  
Help my short memory to know this very day that You, O God, 
will rain down on us all exactly what we need.

PHOTO:  I look into these faces I adore. Rain down, O God! We need you tonight. Britt does at Law School; Blair does in her new chapter; Brooke does raising a baby; Barrett does this very day. And Lord help Bob and Bev in all---how I need you every hour!  Help our short-term memories!

1 comment:

  1. Why did the Lord bring me to this place? I would rather murmur, complain, and return to Egypt where life was so good, you know - in slavery.

    I think of the Hebrews time in the desert when I catch myself about to murmur, especially with another Christian.

    How soon we can forget the sermon we heard, the Bible Study lesson, and the prayer we prayed.

    God, You are the Great I Am, help us to remember You are You and You never leave s or forsake us. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen

    Annette H

    ReplyDelete