Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2016

January 14 "Bound By No Circumstance" Genesis 41-42

Dear Ones, I am beside myself reading Genesis 41:41.  From prison to palace.  A signet ring on his finger and a gold chain on his neck.  Joseph had his blinders on.  He blamed no one.  He complained of no one.  He looked for no one.  He did whatever was put before him from the menial and mundae to the sublime and saving of thousands.  My prayer is that we all taste this kind of free living bound to no circumstance.  Joseph was not a prisoner anymore of Pharaoh or of himself.

PHOTO:  May we all do whatever is put before us.  3 generations here.  Longing to live free.

1 comment:

  1. Joseph named the firstborn Manasseh, saying, “Certainly God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s house.” 52 He named the second child Ephraim, saying, “Certainly God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering.”

    Joseph referred to trouble and suffering when naming his children. He remained faithful and thankful. We see no evidence in God's Word he murmured and complained which can be easy to do in a long, bad season.

    Sometimes we may wonder God - Where are You? He does not move, we need to press in, and stay close to Him. We need trusted friends to intercede for us. He is always faithful, and will never leave us or forsake us.

    ReplyDelete