Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 4 "Living From Soul to Glory" I Corinthians 10-11

 
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
 1 Cor 10:31.


Who am I trying to please these days?
Whatever I do---there is not one thing, spiritual or secular, that "whatever" doesn't cover.
"These words embrace all life." Ellicott

An action isn't qualified as being spiritual or non-spiritual.  No act of life is. 
"The quality of each act depends on the spirit which guides it, and the motive from which it springs. The commonest thing may be done in a high Christian spirit. The greatest deed may spring from a low and selfish motive. A religious act done in a secular spirit is secular. A secular thing done in a religious spirit is religious." Ellicott Commentary 

What can we do this day to advance the love of God, the Kingdom of God,
in our lives and in our world.

DEAR FATHER, PLEASE CHANGE ME FIRST IN MY 10,000 MOMENTS OF GRACE that my actions may lead others to praise You.  Change me first.  I do grieve over my sin.  Bring me to a place of deeper dependence on You.  

Photo: Blurry lights of my city. May I not blur the lines of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment