Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 30 "Converting Grace" Psalm 86-89


Excerpts from Psalm 86

Hear me, Lord.
Answer me, Lord.
Guard my life.
Have mercy on me for
I call to you all day long.
Bring joy to me.
Hear my prayer.
I call to you because
You answer me.
Teach me your way.
Give me an undivided heart.
Turn to me.
Have mercy on me.
Show Your Strength in my behalf.
Give me a sign of your goodness.
Amen.

So beautiful are the commentary remarks on Psalm 86:  "Our poverty and wrtechedness, when felt, powerfully plead in our behalf at the throne of grace."  Matthew Henry.  It is this converting grace of God that makes us want to trust when our steps give weigh.  God's Goodness comes in duality according to this passage:  in forgiving and giving.  I stand today because of all He has given. Whatever other people do or don't do; say or don't say--- let us pray.

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN MY 10,000 MOMENTS, Where I call upon you night and day.  Open my mind to understand these Words.  Luke 24:45

PHOTO:  Headed to this beach with all my poverty and goodness.  And my God will meet me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment