Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

April 19 "Enough" I Kings 18-20


He was the prophet who called down fire and rain. He knew. Yet, he hurt and wondered and just wanted to die n midst of glory and ministry.
And Elijah records: I have had enough, Lord. 1 Kings 19:7.  And I feel the same.  Problem is my testy circumstances matter in no kingdom.  
May I care about those things that touch Eternity. 
“I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.” I Kings 19:10
And God responds: “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”
And this spent an, this seeking prophet finds his God in a gentle Whisper. God will do His Work in his time by His Spirit, a sweet and gentle blowing of the Spirit of God. Whisper by me. 
DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME IN ONE, JUST ONE MOMENT THIS DAY: Oh God! Open our ears this day. Im spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment