Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2015

April 17 "Look After My Own" I Kings 12-14

 Look after your own house. I Kings 12:16

The theme of today's reading drives me 'back home' to the place where we should work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.  It is when kings and paupers are not in the places where they should be.  It is when kings and paupers long for what they have not.  We are not in charge of any of this.  Just subordinates living for a King and a future world.  Just passing through here.  Leaving our mark be it success or silence.  Taking care of our own business.  Letting ambition go.  Living for another country.

DEAR GOD:  PLEASE CHANGE IN ONE OF THESE 10,000 MOMENTS THIS YEAR that I may truly know a little deeper that I am living for another country, another kingdom.  I am far too entrenched in what I see and touch and hear and feel.  God, please move in my own life.  Help me take my "eye" off of what I see; what I want.  Help me to look after my own house.  Amen.

PHOTO:  No eye has seen.  No ear has heard.  Never entered our minds.  All You have for us!  Look at this! So intricate.  Photo Cred:  Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment