Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2014

November 8 "Bear Up the Weaknesses" Romans 15, 16

We ought to bear the weaknesses of the weak for this reason:  Pleasing others for their good not for what it does for us.  Romans 15:1-2.  We are surrounded by those who have not found the strength we have in God.  What will we do with them?  What would it look like today to bear the weaknesses of the weak?

Sometimes, I just want them to be further along and stop using me.  But that's for me and not for them.

What is written here on this page thousands of years ago was written for me this very day.  Written for every one of us to learn this very day what it means to please our husband, our children, our friends, our students.

How husbands & children & friends & family responds to me, I must leave with God.  How I respond to them, I must have the mind of Christ.

Through Patience.  Through Encouragement.  We might have hope.

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Oh God, Will You, the God of patience and of encouragement
grant me to be of the same mind that I may glorify You.  Romans 15:5

PHOTO:  Thinking about what it means to bear the weaknesses of those who treat me poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment