Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 23 "Make The Experiment" Esther 1, 2, 3, 4

"For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.”

No pressure.  Just Providence.
Mordecai knew.  Boasted confidence that God would use another means to deliver the Jews if Esther said "no."  Boasted Providence that Esther was the person to make the deliverance happen; "encouragement to make the experiment" a true test.  The cost:  her life.  And Esther was willing to risk it all.  For her people.  For her God.  For she was in the Hands of a Mighty Redeemer.  Do as You will. 

Could she hear the mourning of her fellow people?  The mourning of Mordecai. The cries throughout the land of the living.  May we be encouraged this day to "make the experiment" happen.  What is it God is calling us to?  We cannot be silent. 

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Father, You have called us to this day, this moment in our history.  May we hear and see and move in Your Being. 

PHOTO: Seeing the sun rise on this day through another lens.  The lens of risk where you do what is right for others.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure where the post went last night. I saw it come up and when I just went on to do tomorrow's reading---poof, it's gone. Or never was. Oh my. I really did do it. Computer glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Make the experiment" quote is from John Gill. The famous preacher who preached in Spurgeon's church 100 years before. Quite a theologian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For such a time as this - Annette - Proclaim My Word in truth and love, time grows short.

    ReplyDelete