Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15 "Drawn Bound Grasped" Daniel 4, 5, 6

Sometimes I feel that I am waiting for something to happen. The truth is that it already has been happening. God is at work. Daniel 4:23 is my story. God layed me low. That I may know. His Strength in me. Stripped and surrendered. Leave the tree stump and bound it up with iron that nothing can invade my life. Protected by the Mighty One. Roots are deep. Never uprooted. Things are going to be okay. Someday. Daniel 4:34. God does not leave us in this state forever. Even Job. Even Noah. Even Joseph. Even me. Even you. It is confirmed. Heaven rules. Daniel 4:26.

Even Daniel. Thrown into the lion's den for doing what is right.  Even the king couldn't rescue him---but fasted and tried his heart out to do so.  Stayed up praying the whole night of the den debaucle. Rushed in haste to see what God did on the morning after: "Daniel, has your God been able to deliver you?"

Daniel's answer must have literally floored the king once again.  "O king, live forever! My God sent his angel and shut the lions' mouths."  Daniel 6:22.

All.  because.  Daniel.  trusted.  his.  God.

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Dear Father, What would it be like to witness being saved from the fangs of tigers gaunt and galore.  No words adequate.  These people witnessed white hot fire and tigers being kept useless.  How can this not stir their souls.  How can it not stir mine?  Thank you for deep roots and Strong Hands. 

PHOTO: Outside my hotel window in Des Moines. Strong like steel. The Mighty One has my back. 


3 comments:

  1. So this Daniel prospered during the reign of Darius and the reign of Cyrus the Persian.

    Daniel remained humble and prospered spiritually first and foremost - always seeking and trusting the Lord. He prospered in life too, he was promoted by 2 kings which he pointed to God because he remained faithful to God. May we live humble lives, ever trusting God pointing the lost to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love the definition of humility here. You can keep your rewards. I'm doing this for God alone.

    ReplyDelete