Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 17 "Make my Sons & Daughters Stand" Jeremiah 35, 36, 37

Start with me.

Here is Jeremiah, unjustly thrown into jail, again. So hard to believe. Yet, so surrendered to his God. It's okay. What stirs within this giant of the faith? What secret thoughts drive him depend?
And what beautiful God intervenes when it's too much in the house of Jonathan. God knows our name. God knows our frame. God knows our flame.

Jeremiah 35:19 - the house of the Rechabites shall never lack a man to stand before God. Oh, it is what I long for my house more than anything. God says to the Rechabites: "Because you have obeyed the command of Jonadab your father and kept all his precepts and done all that he commanded you, therefore...you shall never lack a man to stand."

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Oh Father, I come boldly to you on this one.  Make our house stand before You.  And start with me.
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see Your Goodness.  I cannot make my children obey You, but You can.  Give them all hearts for You.  And start with me.

PHOTO:  So taken by this beautiful sunset.  So longing for those I love to find a deeper trust.  So wanting it to start with me.  All I can deal with is my own stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment