Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27. Fear Not. Isaiah 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

God formed me from the womb. No one on earth knows me like that. He wired me together this way. He will help me even when I am fed up with me. Isaiah 44:2
He'll pour water on thirsty real estate. He'll pour His Spirit on our children.

Fear not.

This God Who has formed us is here to redeem us. And that changes everything.

This God Who formed us is here to deliver us from idols we do not even know we have. With one hand we use a simple piece of wood to fuel a fire, to bake some bread. On the other hand, we craft that piece of wood into an idol to worship. "Is there not a lie in my right hand?" Isaiah 44:20.

And this Beautiful God confirms the Word to us,
fulfills the Counsel of His messengers. Isaiah 44:26.

COME BOLDLY: Timeless Prayers

Father, may we hear this day the Counsel of your messengers. Confirm Your Word to each of us through the spoken Word, the written Word, the Word made flesh in those You bring across our paths today. Open our eyes, our hearts to see what idols we have crafted that worship time and people and achievement and success and safety and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment