Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

April 26 "The Goodness of God will Never Be Shaken" Psalms 73, 77, 78

How does David resolve "the prosperity of the wicked."
I mean, in the midst of his own near stumbles and too-close slips,
And David envies what he sees in the arrogant, those who forget about God.
He deals with his own sin and comes to this ~ Truly God is good!
They increase in riches. I don't. They don't suffer much.
Then, David discerns their real end...
And I'm like a beast toward You too!
Psalm 73:1-3
Nevertheless!

I am continually with You;
You hold my right hand, O God
You guide me with Your Counsel!!!
Whom have I in heaven by You!
And there is Nothing on Earth
I desire besides You.  Yes,
My flesh & my heart
may fail, but God!
Is the strength of my heart and my Portion forever
Psalm 73:23, 25-26.

Oh David! You have just given me the Counsel of the Word of God for me!

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Oh Father! This so speaks to me right where I am.  Where I feel that others have prospered and I've been left to dry out on the line.  This beautiful word that David gives and lives by, let it sink into deep places in our hearts this very day.  This truth by which we live, the Goodness of God, "cannot be shaken." Hebrews 12:27 - You say, "yet once more" and You mean that the removing of created things can be shaken, but the removing of those things which cannot be shaken remain!  Oh Father, Your Goodness can never ever be shaken in our lives.  May we know it down deep today.
Your Nearness is our good!

PHOTO:  Armstrong Browning Library in Waco, Texas.  One of the 10 most beautiful libraries in the country.  Home of the beautiful words of Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Robert Browning. Engraved on stained glass; chiseled in hearts.  "I love You, O God, to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.

1 comment:

  1. The wicked do prosper in this upside-down world. But one fine Day, it will be made straight. We will be made whole. No more disappointments because someone let us down. No more sin. No more death.

    But here we are. In the meantime. Here we are just trying to keep our own cart on the narrow path. Blessed are we who have God as our companion. How in the world could we make it otherwise--and I'm not talking about eternity but just the day to day junk that we all deal with.

    These verses comfort me:
    Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
    you hold my right hand.
    You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will receive me to glory.
    Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
    My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


    The psalms minister to my soul. I just love the way that they can touch me right where I need it most!

    ReplyDelete