Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

April 8 "God Is Calling You" I Samuel 1-3

It is the Lord calling you and me.
It's not us calling Him.  No.
Your Lord is calling.
So what's the point here...
I Samuel 3:9 Speak Lord, for your servant hears.

The pastor last Sunday spoke on how Jesus is looking for every person alive.
We think we are trying to find Him.  It is God stirring in you.
"Zaccheus thought he was seeking God but God was seeking Him."  Warren Wiersbe.

And Hannah prays:
I Samuel 1 - My heart exults in the LORD even though I do not have what I want the most, a child.

And we pray:
COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Let not arrogance fall from our mouths.  Give us strength this circumstance, O God!

PHOTO:  Walking in the Hill Country.  And A Beautiful God calls here.  

4 comments:

  1. Lord, never let me cease to hear Your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I always remember that it was Him drawing me all those years ago. I was hungry but did not know for what...I was empty but did not know why or what or who would fill me. He came to me and spoke and I heard and listened and obeyed. May hear Him today and tomorrow and the next day etc. I am a dead woman and have NO rights,yet I keep thinking that I do. Oh woe is me. I am learning but oh so slowly. He is again calling me to lay down my life....my "rights" and submit to His plan for this time in my life. There is peace when I accept what He is saying and showing me. As Elisabeth Elliott says....with acceptance comes peace. May each Pearl know His Peace today!

    ReplyDelete