Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22 "But You" Psalms 6, 8-10, 14, 16, 19, 21

Be gracious to us all, O God.
We are languishing.
Heal us , O God. 
Our bones are troubled. 
Our souls are greatly troubled. 
But You, 
O Lord.  
How long?
Psa 6:1-2

David knew. 
Do I?
Do I see the Hand of God in even this. 
This thing I am going through. 
There are unutterable things. 
And God is in the midst. 

COME BOLDLY Timeless Prayers
Father, open our eyes to see You standing in our midst. There are problems so complicated and issues so convoluted, we don't know what to do. And, how long?  Not BUT just AND. Our surrender. Help us to ask the right questions. Not how long or how much but will You, O God disrupt is where needed and invade us deep down where our trouble sits. 

PHOTO:  It's Mount Rainier.  My husband's family lives at the base of the mountain.  It's a knock-dead gorgeous place to visit.  An old shut-down logging town.  Inspired with every visit, I find that God has left some things alone in me.  How long?  I don't know.  I trust.

3 comments:

  1. Such powerful words this morning.

    Be exalted, O Lord, in your strength! We will sing and praise your power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your Name in all the earth!
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him?

    I marvel that He knows our names, that He cares about the details in each of our lives.
    Such glory. Such majesty. Such intricate weavings of a live entwined with His.

    It is such a sweet Story.

    ReplyDelete