Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

April 15 "13,680 Days I've Thought About This" Psalm 7, 27, 31, 34, 52

David is "spent with sorrow." And He turns to the One Who orchestrates it all. Does anyone really know if Saul will catch David---only those who have read the ending of the story. And what would Saul do to David, his son-in-law? Our times are in God's Hands, not in the multitude of our friends, not in the safety of our family. Our God "lengthens or shortens, makes bitter or sweet, according to the counsel of His Will." M. Henry.

It's a Beautiful God that pours out of David in calamity. His wife is not with him---could she save him from her dad? David's friends are dwindling---he's not the safest choice to have as a friend. But David believes deeply Psalm 27:13-14 as he pens the words. It's a verse I have thought about day-in day-out for the past 13,680 days. "I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the Goodness of the Lord." Take Courage. Wait for the Lord, not for any man.

What matters most for David, for me, for you is that we live and move out of sincere desire to know God and draw out of others the people God intends for them to be. So, what stirs in our heart most deeply as we read and pray and live and love and give? Does my heart stir to advance God's agenda or complete my own agenda this day? And just what is God's agenda for my life?

"Is it closing the deal or revealing the character of My Son as you negotiate? Is it finding a way to get your spouse to understand how abandoned you feel or revealing the character of My Son as you deal with your troubled marriage?" 66LL

One would never know upon reading these psalms that David's life was in danger 24/7. David wasn't looking for answers, he was looking for God.

"The LORD is my Light and my salvation.

The LORD is the Stronghold of my life." Psalm 27:1

There are places in David's heart that are being redeemed. And the same for each of us. Not based on merit.  Based on desire.

COME BOLDLY: Timeless Prayers
II Thes 1:11-12
May God count you worthy of His Calling and may He fulfill every desire for good within each of you.  May He do a work of faith with Power in you and through you.

PHOTO:  Santa Rosa Island.  It is a Beautiful God Who pours out of the pearls who read these words.  Your desire to know God is so genuine and beautifully rabid.  Bitten.  Smitten.  Grasped. Glorious.


1 comment:

  1. "Taste and see that the Lord is good." I love the psalms. They hit you where you live. They speak to lost and weary souls. They meet you where you are. Psalms comfort and exalt, corner and extol, reveal virtues and vices, forlorn and faithful. Whatever you feel, there's a psalm for that. God knows our heart. He speaks volumes to us through His psalms, many of which were penned by our David. And we start to see why. What a man of courage and faith.

    I love our chronological path reading the Bible and especially reading the psalms that were written about the time David was going through terrible hardship. It speaks to me. Volumes!



    ReplyDelete