Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Deut 30:14 and Luke 8:15 "Word in My Mouth" (April 3)

What is the Word that is in my mouth? What can I truly live and depend on in the mess I've made. I may not be like the "many-sin woman" but my sins are many. What Word is for me? Luke 8:15 ~ Hear the Word/ Hold it fast/ In an honest heart that lives in the present/ Bear fruit with patience for it will come one day. So, what is this Word for me? Deut 30:14 ~ The Word is in your mouth. And it is in your heart. Really, God? Deut 31:19 ~ Write down this Word, Moses. Put it in the mouths of the Israelites. Moses, you are going the way of all flesh. Before you go, I want you to know: These Israelites who rebelled in the wilderness, they are going to "whore after foreign gods" where I am taking them. They are NOT going to hold fast to Me. Wonder what Moses thought about his ministry as he began putting closure on his life. Did he think his ministry was a success? Put a Word in their mouths, Moses. Put a Word in mine, God.

1 comment:

  1. Deut: 30:14 "But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it."

    If you just have time for one verse today, read what Bev wrote and the verse above. Reading from the ESV, the Word is not as poetic, but it can really get to the point. Like today in this verse.

    The commandment that He speaks this day is not too hard for us. "Obey the voice of the Lord your God, to keep his commandments and his statutes that are written in this Book of the Law, when you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul." He makes it easy. He plants His Word in our hearts, in our mouths.

    Choose life and good this day, not death and evil.

    “Be strong and courageous... It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

    ReplyDelete