Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Psalm 91:9 and Mark 5:3 "Be Present" (February 24)

Psalm 91:9, 14 HE is my dwelling place...I don't have to live among the tombs like the outcast in Mark 5:3.  HE holds fast to me...no one need subdue me.  Where do I dwell in my thoughts? my intentions? my hopes? my cares? Do my concerns come from a good place in my heart?  Oh God, I don't have to live as a slave to sin but free---so how do I get there in what I face this day?  The Shelter of the Most High.  Make your Presence known in the midst.  Help me to be present this day in what stirs deeply in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
    I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”

    A song for today--SO love the Psalms interspersed with our readings. It gives new meaning to them, as we read where Moses was when he wrote it.

    Sing with me today this part of the psalm, here's a link:
    http://youtu.be/4rRea9qnjK4

    May He hold you in the Palm of His Hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. 90 - I am in a season of asking, "How long with it be?" Oh Lord, satisfy me in the morning with your steadfast love, that I may rejoice and be glad all day!

    Praise Him for Ps. 91! I go to it often. I dwell in the shelter of the Most High! He is my refuge and strength! He is trustworthy! He commands His angels concerning me.

    Mark 5:19 - The Lord has done great things for me! His mercy is great.

    Thank you for the beautiful song Annette.

    ReplyDelete