Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Gen 41:51 and Matt 22:14 "Few Are Chosen" (February 2)

Suddenly, the chief cupbearer remembers Joseph's ability to interpret dreams.  He didn't remember that he left Joseph in prison.  It's called using people. 

Yet, Joseph makes two statements as he names his children---two tenets of faith about the rebuf of family and friends and co-workers:  "God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction"  and  “God has made me forget all my hardship and all my father's house.” ~ Gen 41:51

Joseph spent about a decade of his life out of the limelight, in the darkness of some of his own making.  It was a dark, dungeony, dilemma for quite a few years with no hope of release.  But something released in Joseph's heart.  "For many are called, but few are chosen."  Matt 22:14

Joseph heard God calling him in the dark shadows. Do I hear the Whispers?  Joseph knew he was a chosen child of God. What makes me free in the forgotten?  Free in the Forgotten?  What releases my soul to pour out His Love when I've been so "missed" by my own family and friends?  Who am I here for---them or me? 

The wedding feast is being prepared.  I'm invited to dance.  Am I worthy to accept the invitation?  Beloved, you have been chosen by the One Who is Worthy.  The One Who weaves your story today and has not forgotten where you live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment