Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Exo 22:29 and Matt 27:51 "My Daily Rate" (February 15)

Are we really dealing with what is stirring in our hearts?
Tired of someone else getting the credit
Irritation with those who deal silently with us
Offended by those who live to control us
Unwillingness to let God provide what He is
Distance from God, from what matters this day?
Wonder why we just overlook what lingers within?
Rend your hearts, not your garments. Joel 2:13
Return to your God with all of your heart.

Matthew 27:51 "The curtain of the Temple was torn in two.  Behold, the earth shook, the rocks split.  Tombs were opened...and they were filled with awe.  Truly this was the Son of God."

So what does that mean to me this very day? 
The rending of the curtain
opened the way for me and you to the King of all Kings.
Open forever is Direct Access to our Father.
The Grace of His Presence
more than just to meet all my needs.
Yes,
The Offer of a Relationship.

Exodus 22:29 - Do we delay to offer from the fulness of our harvest?  From the outflow of our presses?  All I need is what I have this hour, really. To this very day!
Or do I store for another day?  Today, I read a verse in 2 Kings 25:30 about My Daily Rate...continual allowance by our God for our daily need just for this day.  We can't use today what we need for tomorrow or next month.  We can only use what we have this day.  Why do I horde and hide and hunger for tomorrow's need. 

"We need never go hungry
while the Daily Bread of Grace is on today's Table of Mercy."
Charles Spurgeon

6 comments:

  1. Yesterday's readings and today stir up thoughts and feelings in me that I can not really express. We sang "How Deep the Father's Love" this past Sunday. One line of it states...that we can not fathom the love the Father has for us, that He would give His only son, a treasure, for a wretch like me..it also says that His wounds paid a ransom for us, it was His love that held Him there. My sins nailed Him to the cross. He was willing to lay down His life, IF it had just been me. I can not repay, I can not fathom that kind of love. I accept it and believe it, but I truly can not fathom it.

    I should be on my face daily, what hinders me, what keeps me? He did everything to have a relationship with me, what do I do for Him? The beauty and wonder of having direct access to Him is a blessing beyond all measure. I could not live for one second without Him, He truly gives me breath and life. He truly is the Son of God, the only one worthy of honor and glory.

    Our wonderful God has allowed my sweet friend Sally to still be cancer free. She had her regular scans and MRI last Friday...they are to be every eight to twelve weeks...they came back with no indication of cancer anywhere. I have done the happy dance for her and those who love her. Praying for those who do not receive such good reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lou, thanks for your update on Sally. What a great and merciful God we serve!
    Bev, it sounds like you are really close to a new revelation. It will be interesting to read tomorrow's post.
    I haven't posted for a while due to my laptop crashing, and it takes to long to compose thoughts via my phone.
    God is taking care of Mike and me as we are looking for direction in Mike's new career. It seems crazy to everyone around that we are not worried about the future. We are trusting and so excited about this chance to start over, using this time waiting upon God for His guidance in our lives. As far as relationships go, I am reminded everyday of how merciful and full gracious God is to me, I have to be more gracious and merciful to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about Sally, Mary Lou. Keep testifying!
    Jan, so good to hear from you, today. Sorry about your computer crash--I hate it when that happens.

    Forgiveness-- And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt. So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.”

    I am so very likely to count the hurts, the sins against me, so to speak. I must constantly work on forgiveness, as I want to be forgiven, but have a tendency to carry a grudge. Not Biblical, nor a good idea for spiritual or physical health.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops--clicked on the wrong reading for New Testament! Guess that was just for me today, from Matthew 18!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ex. 22:20 “Whoever sacrifices to any god, other than the LORD alone, shall be devoted to destruction."

    The temple was the place of sacrifice.

    Today our body is the temple of the Lord. No building offers us a place to make right our sin.

    But we can repent in our heart and confess.

    How does this verse apply to me today? What do I put first, over Jesus?

    There's a verse that speaks about the priests having a name on their forehead that said "Holy Unto The LORD."

    It should be just as obvious to all we come into contact with that we are indeed set apart, consecrated, and we bring Him a desire to be all that He desires us to be. It is a call from Him to be holy, because He is holy.

    Do we even feel conviction today?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to all of you. Sharing really feels good here. God is definitely at work in all of us.

    Today's reading in Matthew was powerful. Torn curtain. Dead raised and walking into town. Centurion confesses.

    A call to consecration in Exodus and souls redeemed from death's bony vise-grip when Holy of Holies ravages hell.

    Can't even imagine what that day was like to the eyewitnesses.

    ReplyDelete