Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rev 20:10 ""Taken Up Into My Life" (December 29)

Rev 20:10
John was in his mid-80's when God showed him this Invisible World that no one sees.  Wonder if he freaked out?  Doesn't seem like it.  John was a prisoner on the Island of Patmos, condemned to die for refusing to acknowledge Caesar as his lord.  A "seditious atheist" shipped off to sea to scorch in the sun.  And look what he witnesses to shine on to us.  Oh my! "Things are not as they seem.  Evil, though widespread, is not winning.  Faithfulness, though costly, is not futile.  Affliction, though continuing, will end.  The Lion's Roar will soon be heard.  Until then, reign with the Lamb.  Live to love, not control."66LL.  Oh, that so speaks to me. God is arranging my history and yours according to His Plan.  The Deceiver will be hurled into the lake of fire.  No more deception.  It's over.  We'll kneel before The Great White Throne. Will our names be found in the Book of Life?  Oh, yes they will.  Oh, yes, praise God!  May our eyes see beyond what is visible to us this day.  May we peer into that which is Invisible.  Larry touched something in me deeply when he wrote about the words of Kierkegaard, "to be taken up into my life." "For all that I've learned and have yet to learn [may it] be taken up into my life by the Holy Spirit...I want to love well no matter how tired I am.  I want to love more like your Son whether I'm crying or I'm fighting another battle."  66LL

2 comments:

  1. I too want to love well, no matter what is going on in my life, with my family relationships etc. I want to be more bold in my witness, for I feel the time is truly drawing close for me to go Home, for all of us to go Home. There are way too many people whose names are not written in the Book of Life and I want to take more with me. I want to be more deliberate in my witness.

    Love, love Larry's words..Live to love NOT control. I think I try to control far more than I realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that could be my New Year's Resolution. Live to love not control. Certainly seems to be the secret to a fulfilling life. I love so poorly, am selfish so often. And a New Year awaits. Another chance, but how long will we keep getting do-overs. He is coming soon. The strife is almost over. It will get worse before it gets better. And it all ends well. Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete