A String of Pearls

Saturday, October 3, 2026

276 - "Break the Chains of Injustice; Free The Oppressed; Cancel Debts" Isaiah 56-58; Romans 11:1-18


Look at how many times the prophet says that this is what God says.  A message from the Holy One. God, the Son, is saying:  "I am coming soon."  

Until He comes, His Grace is with us in the midst of every sigh, every sorrow, every secret, every suffering.  We may be crying in HEARTACHE, but we can be living in HOPE.
  
A Message from the One Whose Name is Holy:  "I live in the high and holy places, but also with the low-spirited, the spirit-crushed, And what I do is put new spirit in them, get them up and on their feet again. For I'm not going to haul people into court endlessly,"  Isaiah 57:15.

Isaiah 58:2 - 9    BUSY BUSY BUSY V. BEING AVAILABLE TO YOUR FAMILIES
Face my family with their sins! They're busy, busy, busy at worship, and love studying all about me. To all appearances they're a nation of right-living people—law-abiding, God-honoring. They ask me, 'What's the right thing to do?' and love having me on their side. But they also complain, 'Why do we fast and you don't look our way? Why do we humble ourselves and you don't even notice?' "Well, here's why:
 
"The bottom line on your 'fast days' is profit. The kind of fasting you do won't get your prayers off the ground.  "This is the kind of fast day I'm after:  to break the chains of injustice, free the oppressed, cancel debts. What I'm interested in seeing you do is:  sharing your food with the hungry, putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad, being available to your own families. ...  So, every year, I toe the line in the Kansas City Marathon for World Vision. 800 kids today will lose their life because of polluted water sources. Fundraising to help World Vision build one well at a time---$50 builds one well for one child for a lifetime of clean water.

You'll call out for help and I'll say, 'Here I am.' Isaiah 58:9 - I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places...You'll be like a well-watered garden...If you honor it by refusing 'business as usual,' making money, running here and there— Then you'll be free to enjoy God! 

Romans 11:5 ~ There is a remnant, chosen by grace.  But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. We are chosen by grace and not by works.  In the true church realitor, it is made up of people saved by grace.  Some are still working real hard to make it to heaven---doesn't work that way.  We are human beings not human doers.  The Hand of Grace is on us~ So why are you working so hard to pull your life together?

PHOTO:  Walking every day and thinking about those without.  Zeke and I are doing the 10K in this pic.  Godspeed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment