A String of Pearls

Thursday, July 23, 2026

204 - "Breathe Life Into Me" Psalm 67, 71. Philippians 2



O Lord, Do not delay.  Please hasten to our words, our hearts.  We are all poor and needy this day.  May we see how we can accomplish nothing today except through Your Power.  When will you come to us? Seal our hearts in Your Grace today.  Steady our ways.  Sweep us off our feet.  Show up in ways we don't expect.  And may you find us surrendered.

What do I really think way down deep inside when my strength is spent? 
Physical strength shot. 
Emotional strength waning. 
Do I worship? 
Actually, days like today, I'm just trying to hold on and ask a Very Gracious God to help me see what surrounds me on days like today when my strength is spent. I spent it all last night. I am very aware that I awake with a fresh clean slate. But I don't want to spend the same strength again tonight. 
It's actually a very good position to be in---dependent. Psalm 71:9 
Forsake me not when my strength is spent. Psalm 71:20 
God has made me see many troubles and calamities. 
Why am I giving in to this weight of sin. My anger does not accomplish His righteousness. 
Talking to myself.
He will bring me up again! 
Revive me again---the word in the Greek for "revive" means: To breathe life into me.
That's it!

"Have this mind in you, the mind of Christ. The Energy working in you is God's Energy.  Phil 2:4, 13.  
"There is an Energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.  Jesus can fill my mind and direct my will.  You can empty yourself of parading success, winning recognition, depending on good treatment from others."
PHOTO:  The mighty mountains of Seattle.  Standing here a few weeks ago.  Seeing my deep need for dependence on God to make it through this life of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment