Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

289 - "Focus on Power, Not on Problem" Matthew 10, 14; Mark 6:7-56; Luke 9:1-17; John 6

Sometimes, against all odds, we feel like “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered. Matthew 14:17


Andrew asks the question of Jesus.  "What are they of so many"?  His focus was on the problem not the Power of a multiplying God.  What am I thinking about deeply?  Am I leaning in, trusting, that the God of all Hope will fill us with peace and joy as we trust Him, according to His Power.

I think what I have here in my hand is 4 loaves and 2 fish.  And it's not even reliable.  Nothing is off course.  Mighty Power is at work in me and you.

Help me to know what I deal with in my thoughts that stop the Sufficiency of Your Hand.  You can multiply to meet the needs of a football field of people.  Please take the 4 loaves and 2 fish in my hand and multiply---You have so done that for me through my depression.  You are Sufficient for what I face.

PHOTO:  What I see looks beautiful on the outside.  What I face inside looks dried and shriveled.  Impossible for anything to come of it.  Not with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment