Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2024

252 - "What Causes Me To Fall On My Face" Ezekiel 41-43

                                                   

"And I fell on my face." Ezekiel 43:3.  What causes me to fall on my face?  I can think of times:  cancer, betrayal, loss, grave disappointment, depression.  Seems like it is when something happens to me rather than what stirs within me.  Ezekiel saw a vision concerning what God would do to the people of the city---destroy them.  And the immense glimpse of suffering and shame overwhelmed Ezekiel with sorrow.  And he fell.  Facedown.

God, cause us to be a people who deeply care about the depravity and destruction we see in our own time and towns.  The quote from Buechner comes to mind:  may our calling meet the world's great needs.  Give us bigger hearts that beat to be givers not takers in this world of woe.

Ezekiel 43:4  - "The Spirit put me on my feet and led me to...the Bright Glory of God."  Do I think I have to pull myself together and stand up in hard times?  God will put me on my feet again. 

Ezekiel 43:9 HE will move in forever. 

Ezekiel 43:27 "I'll accept you with pleasure, with delight.  Decree of your God, your Master!"  Unbelievable that God accepts me with pleasure and delight.  So many memories this day of people who have not delighted in me.  But!  Overriding Presence of the One for Whom I know takes pleasure in me.  It's a liminal place where you sense the Presence of our God.  It's the place of what is seen and Who is  Unseen.  On my feet in midst of overwhelming pain sensing the Presence of God that no man can create!

Awestruck!  With my hand over my mouth!
PHOTO:  Beautiful sunrise here in Galveston.  May we all fall on our faces before the One Who holds the oceans at bay and the sunrise so grand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment