Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

239 - “Walled In” Lamentations 3 - 5:22

                                

How lonely sits the city that was once full of people!
A city like a widow.  Now like a forced laborer.
All her lovers have dealt treacherously with her. 
No one comes to the feasts anymore.

Jeremiah shares in the afflictions of Israel.
"I am the man who has seen affliction
because of the rod of His Wrath.
He has driven me and made me walk in darkness & not in light."
Walled In.  Shut Out.
Lam 3:1-2

"I well remember my afflictions and my soul is downcast within me.
But T.h.i.s. I call to my mind, therefore I have Hope. 
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed.
His Compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, 'The Lord is My Portion;
therefore, I will wait for Him.
The Lord is good to those whose Hope is in Him,
to the one who seeks Him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young."
Lam 3:20-27

All I can say is Amen.  Here is a guy who has hit rock bottom.
Yet, look what he calls to his mind. 
Oh God, right where I sit this very day,
May I, May we all call to mind Your Great Love and Compassion. 

And wherever I sit this day in hopeless thoughts, help me call to mind Lam 3:20-27 --- your Great Love and Compassion.  Brand new for me this day.  Thank you so much, O God.

PHOTO: The Quarries Lake. A pastoral stretch of land dripping with Quarry rocks. A good place I have waited quietly many a day over 15 years on the campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment