Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2024

237 - “And We Cried and Cried Again” Psalm 137

                                 

"If goodness lead him not, then weariness may toss him to God's breast."  George Herbert]
O the Wonder.

Psalm 137:1 - “By the rivers of Babylon, we sat and wept.”
And we cried and cried and cried again.
Oh, the Awe of it All.

BB Warfield in a famous sermon delivered in 1911 said:
"Familiarity with the things of God will cause you to lose your awe."

Have we spent so much time in strategic local church ministry planning that we have lost our wonder at the Sovereign Planner Who guides our every minute. 
Have we spent so much time unpacking the theology of Scripture that we have forgotten the end game of personal holiness.  Have we spent so much time in discipling others that we are no longer amazed at the reality of having been chosen to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.  [Paul David Tripp]

Psalm 138:3 Make each of us bold with strength in our soul.

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.

PHOTO:  Santa Rosa Island where our family used to go every year we could.  Now, Bob & I go by ourselves to meet my sister and her family every year. So many memories on this shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment