Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2024

231 - "Divine Providence is Moving---37 Years Later" 1 Kings 24-25; 2 Chronicles 36:1-21; JwewmiH 32

Embroiled in a midnight mess, I came to these Scriptures today. There is no excuse for my sins even though prompted by another's sin. We bump up against other's sins every day of our lives and it gives us no peace if we give in to wrongdoings. The evil continued in this story today is frightening. May we never be complacent about our turning of our backs on God. 

"It is for the sins of a people that God hides from them the things that belong to the public peace. And in fulfilling the secret purposes of his justice, the Lord needs only leave men to the blindness of their own minds, or to the lusts of their own hearts. The gradual approach of Divine judgments affords sinners space for repentance, and believers leisure to prepare for meeting the calamity, while it shows the obstinacy of those who will not forsake their sins." Matthew Henry

And the side story that grips me is found in 2 Kings 25:27 - Divine Providence is always moving. Can we find the Good in the midst of the evil? In the 37th year of the exile of Jehoiachin King of Judah, the new King of Babylon released Jehoiachin from prison and gave him a seat of honor higher than other kings in Babylon.  That took 37 years.  

I have struggled fiercely with 1 year of back pain, exacerbated by a bad fall.  I had to do some work on the floor this morning. I couldn't get up.  Couldn't pick myself up off the floor. I'm in a little bad shape over here.  And it's a tender reply from Jesus---Pick up your mat and walk when Divine Providence sends help your way. Today, what can we do?  Rise up and Walk.  I can rise up this heart of mine. And I can walk.  

PHOTO:  30,000 feet in the midnight air.  Get up. Rise up. Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment