Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2024

213 - "Live Obscure in this World but God Knows You" Nahum 1-3

"The LORD is good,

a Stronghold in the day of trouble;

He knows those

who take refuge in Him." Nahum 1:7

What do I take refuge in this day?

Here are the Ninevites 100 years down the road.  They repented at the voice of Jonah's preaching and God saved the city but they went down a very wrong path.  Here, today, God's Goodness is juxtaposed against His anger.  But for the righteous, we read this and rest.  There is no rest for the wicked. 

One commentary spoke of how we can live obscure lives in this world.
But, the LORD knows you.
And isn't that all that truly matters.
So, when I am overlooked and overused,
this Jehovah God is intimately acquainted with me.

This is right where I sit, Father.  and desire to trust and wait and rest and repent.  Infuse us with Your Power to walk down the right path and depend on You, a very Good God.

PHOTO:  Sitting on a cliff.  An eagle flies overhead.  My heart soars to new depths.  This Stronghold has shown up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment