Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2024

203 - "I Am in the Battle for Your Soul" Isaiah 38-39; 2 Kings 20; 2 Chronicles 32:24-33

                                                  

I AM IN THE BATTLE FOR YOUR SOUL Isaiah 38 may have been written thousand of years ago, but this chapter about a prophet and a king deeply stirs places in my heart this day, this moment.  King Hezekiah hears the threatening report and goes into the sanctuary of his God.  He sends his administrators to the prophet to ask for prayer.  Prophet Isaiah responds with God's Message:  "I personally will take care of your enemy."  Isaiah was in the battle for Hezekiah's soul.  Am I in the battle for my children's souls, my friends' souls?  A letter arrives and Hezekiah took the letter from the hands of the messengers and read it. Then he went into the sanctuary of God and spread the letter out before God.  This verse means much to me.  I have thought about it hundreds of times in my life.  God marked these words. God said:  "Haven't you gotten the news that I've been behind this all along? This is a longstanding plan of mine.  Can I see that what happens in my life is always God's Plan A?  "I've got My Hand on this city.  I've got My Hand on your life! The Angel of God arrived and struck the Assyrian camp— 185,000 Assyrians died.  Then Sennacharib was murdered by his own sons. Unbelievable.

In Isaiah 38, God said:  You're going to die.  You're not going to get well."  Hezekiah turned to God:  Please, I beg you.  Hezekiah wept as he prayed---painful tears.  Remember me.  God said through the prophet:  "I've heard your prayer.  I've seen your tears. Spread out this day before our God and that thing that disturbs you. Live for the bended ear. Just as it happened in Isa 38:5. God heard Hezekiah's prayer for his health. He was knocking on death's door. God saw his tears and words. God changed His mind and added 15 years to his life.  "I have My Hand on this city."  Whatever time I have left, it seems it was good for me to go through all those troubles. Throughout them all you held tight to my lifeline. You never let me tumble over the edge into nothing. And my sins I let go of, threw them over my shoulder—good riddance! 

PHOTO: Small town in California where people once fought for their independence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment